Baxi MainEco Combi & System Boiler Range Problems
Got a problem with your Baxi MainEco Boiler, is it a combi boiler or a system boiler. Like most boilers, if your not a gas engineer it is very hard to know what the problem is. Martin Smith an emergency plumber and a gas engineer explains everything you need to know and how easy it can be to diagnose what the problem before you call a gas safe registered emergency plumber out.
In September 2014 the release of the Baxi MainEco Combi & System had finally landed and what a great boiler it is made out to be but how easy is it to maintain. Just below are common questions and answers that you may be looking for which is the reason you have most likely landed on this page to start with before you call an emergency plumber that is gas safe.
- Can I repair my own boiler as it is a Baxi MainEco?
- How long does it take to replace a part with the Baxi MainEco Combi or System Boiler?
- How much does it cost to repair a fault on the Baxi MainEco boiler?
- How long and how much does it cost to service the Baxi MainEco boiler?
- Can the pump in the Baxi Main Eco be replace and does it have to be upgraded due to new regulations?
- If there is a small repair such as cleaning, repairing of any parts advisable and what is the engineers duty of care to the customer?
- What is the Guarantee on a Baxi MainEco Combi & System boiler and who do I have to call?
- Baxi MainEco Fault Finding Codes & What do they mean?
- What do the Error codes mean for the Baxi MainEco?
- Baxi MainEco Problems & Stories By Gas Safe Engineers.
Can I repair my own boiler as it is a Baxi MainEco
Any boiler even if it is the Baxi MainEco MUST NOT be repaired by a non-gas safe engineer in is very important that who ever come to repair you boiler must carry a gas safe ID.
How long does it take to replace a part with the Baxi MainEco Combi or System Boiler
To change a part on the Baxi MainEco can be done very quickly just like finding what the problem is with the boiler within the fault finding codes. As long as the person repairing the job in question has enough experience with the MainEco boiler then the should be no reason in most cases that the job is done within 2-hours. This only includes majority of the faults and not the faulty expansion vessel.
How much does it cost to repair a fault on the Baxi MainEco boiler
As I am writing this article, at present all we can say is parts don’t seem to be available as the boiler is so new but some technical guys from Baxi would say the most expensive part should come within the region or £200 for example the all-in-one fan/air unit, PCB and gas valve.
How long and how much does it cost to service the Baxi MainEco boiler
Just like any boiler, it has to have a clean up, some engineers will pass the boiler without a service if the readings come out as clean enough.
Can the pump in the Baxi MainEco be replace and does it have to be upgraded due to new regulations
At present, if you have had you Baxi MainEco fitted before 16th September 2015, you are most like going to have a central heating pump fitted without the ERP. When having a repair done after this date, the new pump that will be used to replace the original pump will then have to be upgrade to the new ERP regulation which includes extra wiring to the PCB. The PCB is already ERP ready and is only waiting for the extra connection.
If there is a small repair such as cleaning, repairing of any parts advisable, what is the engineers duty of care to the customer
For a gas safe registered engineer to work on the boiler in question, he/she does not have to have the Baxi MainEco training apart from a gas safe ID but it does help if the engineer in question has experience on the boiler. It is the responsibility of the engineer that once the job has been started, the all safety precautions are taken in order to make sure the occupants are left in a safe way in accordance to the HSE and Gas Safe.
What is the Guarantee on a Baxi MainEco Combi & System boiler and who do I have to call
The guarantee on a Baxi MainEco Combi or System boiler is 3-years as long as the manufacture warrantee guidelines have been followed. To get the most of the guarantee, it must be seen as reasonable such as the boiler was to have a service once a year.
Baxi MainEco Fault Finding Codes
Looking for the fault finding codes for the boiler and wonder what the flashing lights are below, firstly it is always important not to take the cover off as this MUST only be done by a gas safe engineer. The fault finding codes and diagram is place in-between the unit that clips off and the boiler. By diagnosing the problem by using the leaflet, you can then get further advice from a gas safe engineer that has experience when it comes to the Baxi MainEco. The gas safe engineer will then explain if this is the type of emergency that can be done there and then are or it may need a special part to be supplied and then fitted. If your lucky, you can find an engineer that carries these parts in question, he will come along to your property and fit it well making a complete diagnostic but in most cases at present this will be hard to do.
What do the Error codes mean for the Baxi MainEco
These codes below will go in order with the lights flashing in red.
- Sensor, temperature or flow fault. Sensor not or badly connected, insufficient or water circulation direction reversed sensor fault. To check these out the gas safe engineer will need to check the wiring, sensor are operating correctly and have been correctly fitted, check water pressure, cleanness of heat exchanger and circulation (direction of pump, valves).
- Maximum of temperature of heat exchanger of control unit exceeded! Probable Cause: Non existing or insufficient circulation, sensors badly connected, no air supply or insufficient, no flue gas flue or insufficient. To check these out the gas safe engineer will need to check Vent, water pressure, cleanness of heat exchanger, circulation, sensors, air and gas flow (Replace seals).
- Ignition Fault and flame won’t start. Probable cause: No ignition or flames don’t start with ignition, presence of flame but insufficient ionisation. To check these out the gas safe engineer will need to check wiring, earth, condition of burner, gas valve is fully open and supply pressure, purge gas supply to remove air, operation and setting of gas valve unit, check the air and gas inlet flue is not blocked, replace ignition.
- Fan fault. Probable cause: External draught over the boiler or defective gas air unit. To check these out the gas safe engineer will need to check the adequate draw of the chimney connection or replace gas air unit.
- Parameter error could be pad connection of safety parameter not found and will need to be check via the wiring by a gas safe register engineer.
- Miscellaneous > Several possible cause and can be checked by using special tools supplied by a gas engineer.
Baxi MainEco Problems & Stories By Gas Safe Engineers
At present there are no comment about Baxi MainEco Problems & Stories by fellow gas safe engineer as the boiler is so new but if you a gas engineer and have and experience with these type of boilers then please let us know via our twitter feed.
All views above are written by Martin Smith and is only a guide and not fact, it is very important to consult a gas safe registered engineer and any work MUST not be done by anyone else other than a gas safe register engineer.
If you would like a gas safe register engineer to call out due to your Baxi MainEco boiler not working then please give us a call and we will come out to your property by calling the number above 07720 247 247.
If you are a gas safe register engineer and have any experience with the Baxi MainEco then please feel free to register your detail at the plumbing register.