What’s the best silicone sealant for baths, showers & wet rooms
Having the best silicone sealant can depend on the type of room your in and the atmosphere. If the sealant is under the water, this can only mean that there is only one type of silicone is best for this. There are some cheap and nasty silicone sealants that sell because it mentions on the label the job it does. When silicone goes wrong, all the questions come up about what exactly it was used for and then, all the excuses start coming out, which is also imprinted on the small print and the terms and conditions off use. Just below Martin Smith an experience emergency plumber and an ex bathroom fitter, we give you the common questions and all the pros and cons.
10 questions related to the best silicone sealant Continue reading
Water Noise Under My Floor Or Behind The Wall
Martin Smith an experienced emergency plumber in Manchester, who also works as an agent for over 400 plumbing engineers UK wide, explains about water noise within the property and how best to go about it. In the picture on the right, is a typical job. The occupant complained of noisy water, an emergency Martin visited in Bury, which is north of Manchester. The occupant thought there was water problems behind the wall but to his amaze, he didn’t expect it to have a water noise under the floor and before the mains water stopcock. Unfortunately on this particular job, the outside mains water stopcock was also unaccessible.
Just below are similar question about a water noise for behind the wall or under the ground floor. These questions we have also tried to answer. Continue reading
Toilet Syphon Problems & Cures
Here we talk about toilet syphon problems and there cures. Some people like to call an emergency plumber well other’s try to fix the toilet syphon themselves. Just below are the most common questions that people asked when looking for information about there toilet syphon problems.
- Who invented the toilet syphon?
- My toilet syphon isn’t working, what can I do?
- How do I replace my toilet syphon?
- What is the best toilet syphon I can buy to fix my toilet flush?
- What sizes do toilet syphons come in?
- How much should it cost to fix a toilet syphon?
- When replacing a toilet syphon, how long does this take?
- I can’t take my toilet syphon out, any hints?
- Can I buy a toilet syphon that I can repair without taking the toilet cistern off?
- How much does it cost to buy a toilet syphon?
- Where can I buy a toilet syphon?
- What is the recommended flush for a toilet syphon?
- There is no overflow on my toilet cistern, is this allowed?
- How does the toilet syphon work in the toilet?
- What is the difference between a flushing mechanism and a toilet syphon? Continue reading
Soil Vent Pipe Information & The Regulations
Martin Smith speak about the Soil Vent Pipe Regulation which includes plenty of useful information and is this a job for an emergency plumber. Just below are 14 common questions asked but also answered.
- Internal soil stack vent information?
- What is a soil vent pipe?
- What are the soil vent pipe regulations?
- Cast Iron soil vent pipe v’s plastic?
- What soil pipe tools do I need to fit a soil stack?
- Who invented the soil pipe stack?
- History of soil vent pipe stacks?
- What is the minimum requirement for a soil vent above the window or roof?
- Where is the best place to fit a waste outlet to a soil vent pipe?
- Should there be a rodding point on the soil vent stack?
- Which trade is required to fit a soil stack?
- Soil pipe air or water test?
- How to solve a blocked soil stack?
- Where can I buy cast iron pipe to fit a soil stack? Continue reading
Flexible Plastic Pipe Information Also Know As Flexible Metal
8 Reasons to consider Tectite Flexible Metal for your flexible plastic pipe.
Flexible Plastic Pipe – Tectite Flexible metal is a brand new product to the UK market and the first time Multi layer flexible metal tube has ever been offered to the UK installer in 15 and 22mm!
For information regarding the installation process please see the alternate article here.
- Manufactured by Pegler Yorkshire Tectite has sold 0ver 100 million plumbing fittings since 1998. These fittings are developed by Pegler Yorkshire who boast over 100 years of British manufacturing experience. The Flexible Plastic Pipe or Flexible Metal system is no exception from Pegler Yorkshires extremely high standards of quality and innovation and every system is guaranteed for 30 years. Continue reading
Flexible Metal Pipe Step by Step Guide to Bending the Rules of Plumbing
Here we have flexible metal pipe for those installers wanting flexibility, efficiency and swift installation offered by plastic plumbing systems. The metal flexible pipe offers and craves the performance and reliability offered by traditional soldered copper. Rather sticking to copper the copper piping now has alternative solution.
Multi-layer composite pipe (MLCP) has been used on the continent for a long time as a source for flexible metal pipe and is now to be launched in the UK in sizes 15 and 22mm by Tectite from Pegler Yorkshire. The metal flexible pipe is constructed using a thin layer of aluminium flanked either side by a layer of PE-Xc. The MLCP offers flexibility coupled with the performance and reliability of a standard metal system. Continue reading
Gate Valve Problems & Cures Information
Hi, and welcome to Gate Valve Problems & Cures Information. This article is all about leaking gate valve problems and gate valves that don’t operate correctly by Martin Smith an emergency plumber in Manchester but also an agent that covers the whole of the UK with over 400 recommended engineers national. Here are the top 14 questions that are asked when searching for an answers when it comes to your gate valve problems.
- What is a gate valve used for?
- My gate valve is seized open, what can I do?
- Gate valve will not open?
- How do I replace my gate valve without draining down the hot water?
- My gate valve will not turn off properly, why is this?
- When replacing the gate valve, should I have to drain down first?
- Where should gate valves be located?
- Why do gate valve seize up?
- How do I repair my gate valve without replacing it?
- Why do plumbers fit gate valves if there so unreliable?
- What causes gate valves to break?
- Is it ok to leave a gate valve partially open or close?
- How long do gate valves last for?
- Where do gate valve leak from? Continue reading
What is the best plumbing paste I can buy
Martin explores a debate between the different best plumbing paste that is out there. Some like to think they can just use PTFE and other just think as long as it is a paste that it’s ok. Well I guess in some instances that as long as you use it for what it say’s on the tin then it’s ok. WRONG! As long as the paste has worked the first time then the chances are that it will last for the time of the guarantee period. Some pastes are hard to use well other types of paste will set quickly and go hard. There are pastes that never set but do the job to what you want it to do. Martin Smith an emergency plumber has is own opinions on what is the best plumbing paste out there and yes it can also be used with gas. Continue reading
What is the best shower pump and why
Martin Smith looks in to what’s the best shower pump a plumber or the occupant can buy without being prejudice to other pumps. The best shower pump is measured by the feed back of plumbers and there experience with the shower pumps that are being installed. It is also measured by the quality to build the pump. The cost of the pump is very important to those who have them fitted in there home. It is very important that the guarantee of the pump lasts the recommended usage of the shower. The company information on the pump including instructions and customer care is very important. Putting the above in mind, it is very important when buying the best shower pump that you understand why. Here are some common questions below that are also answered further down. Continue reading
Mains Water Booster Pump Questions & Answers
An answer for those who ask about having a mains water booster pump. For many years for those who don’t have enough water pressure, it has been found that most people can’t find an answer. There’s so many out there that fit pumps against plumbing regulations, but until recently there is a pump that can be fitted and is Wras approved. Just below are some questions asked and also answered.
- Can I use a pump on my mains water supply to boost my water?
- Is using a booster pump aloud on the mains water supply?
- I have poor water supply, how can I get more water pressure?
- How do I get better water pressure into my home?
- My taps are running very poorly, how can I make them better?
- My shower is run by mains water, can I use a pump? Continue reading