Blue toilet block problems & is it ok to put bloo toilet block in the toilet cistern
Martin Smith explains what you need to know about the blue coloured Bloo toilet block in the toilet cistern and if its ok.
As an experience emergency plumber manchester, the colour blue block known as Bloo has been found in so many toilet cisterns causing so much havoc and shortening the lifespan of the moving mechanisms within the toilet cistern. Just below is a list of 6 topics we cover surrounding the blue coloured Bloo toilet block.
- How to clean the blue coloured Bloo toilet cleaner blocked of my hands.
- How can i get blue coloured die from the Bloo toilet block of my carpet?
- What preparations should be made before attempting to repair a toilet cistern with Bloo toilet block?
- What problems can the blue coloured blue toilet block cause in the toilet cistern?
- What should I use in the toilet cistern instead of toilet Bloo block?
- Should I call an emergency plumber for my toilet cistern as I have Bloo toilet block in my toilet cistern?
Starting from the standard toilet syphon problems to the push button lifting toilet valves, new or old, in Martin Smith’s experience, it has always been found where you find the blue coloured Bloo toilet block, you will most likely see sluggish toilet syphons and any other operating mechanisms.
If your an emergency plumber in Manchester or anywhere else in the UK, at some point you would of come across the blue coloured Bloo toilet block at some point in your plumbing career and for most emergency plumbers do come across this weekly.
How to clean the blue coloured Bloo toilet cleaner blocked of my hands
This type of job is a nightmare for plumbers working on toilet cisterns, especially if you don’t wear any gloves. It is most important when working with this type of die, you are wearing some kind of gloves and best using disposable glove over wise you are transferring the blue colour die from one area to the over.
If you are like most emergency plumbers getting blue die from the Bloo toilet block on your hands, the best product to clean your hands is either Lemon juice or Bi Carbon Soder as long as you don’t suffer from any alleges of this type.
How can i get blue coloured die from the Bloo toilet block of my carpet?
If your one of those with a carpet in your bathroom of anywhere else in your home and have the blue die from the Bloo toilet block on your carpet from the stupid plumber working on the toilet cistern and your looking to get the die out then here are some facts.
- If you have a Man made carpet, you will need to use stain remover such as stain remover vanish, after a few attempts of removing, the blue stain should go but all depending on the manufacture of the carpet, there is a possibility there may be a discolouration.
- If the carpet is a wool carpet, firstly ask the plumber either to pay for the damage or to have his insurance details as the carpet will be permanently stained.
What preparations should be made before attempting to repair a toilet cistern with Bloo toilet block?
If your an emergency plumber or someone just doing a DIY plumbing situation within the toilet with the Blue coloured Bloo toilet block in the toilet cistern, then preparations should always be taken carefully. Just below is a list of what should be done when working on a toilet with Bloo toilet block in it.
- Plenty of rags on the floor surrounding the toilet.
- May also be a good idea to place a rag over the toilet also.
- If taking the toilet cistern outside to repair, place some rags on route to outside.
- turn the toilet water off.
- Put disposable gloves on.
- take out the toilet block and place it in a sealed bag and change the gloves.
- Drain toilet either with wet vac out old small towel making sure the towel is despised of also.
- Either repair the toilet cistern well on toilet or take off but make sure there is no left over water and the cistern is complete dry.
- Disconnect faulty toilet syphon or over faulty component and again replace disposable glove before placing new toilet syphon or other back.
- Once job is complete, it is of the opinion of Martin Smith not to use a Bloo toilet block again within the toilet cistern.
What problems can the blue coloured blue toilet block cause in the toilet cistern?
The blue toilet block can cause for example, heavier weight on the flap of the toilet syphon causing it to split more easily. Because the toilet block can be a little clumpy, it can cause the push button mechanism to not close flush causing water to seep through. There are other plumbing problems that may also arise but these are the mains reasons there we recommend to not use a toilet block for cleaning the water within the toilet.
What should I use in the toilet cistern instead of toilet Bloo block?
A problem that people face today is what to use in the toilet to keep the toilet clean from all the dirty make and smells. The lazy lot of people will use a toilet block without realising the consequences and be done with it for a longer lasting clean. Unfortunately there is no way you can be lazy when it comes to cleaning your toilet without using product that cause toilet problems. So the best advice to give would be what Martin Smith uses himself and that would be Harpic power plus once a week but also keep a toilet brush next to the toilet for any immediate and unfriendly visitors.
Should I call an emergency plumber for my toilet cistern as I have Bloo toilet block in my toilet cistern?
If you don’t have a problem in the toilet cistern but still have the blue coloured Bloo toilet block within your toilet, it is under the advice and the opinion of Martin Smith that you should have this removed as it may cause a problem with other components in the future of the toilet cistern. If you wait for a problem to occur within the toilet cistern, then this is when your most likely to have carpet stains resulting in further costs.
If your looking for an emergency plumber to work on your toilet cistern, then please feel free to give Martin Smith a call on 07720 247 247, our estimated time of arrival is within 30 to 90-minutes but we always try our best to get to you closer to the 30-minutes. We are also a national company, so as long as it’s within a reasonable distance, then there is no reason why we should take any longer to get to you 24-hours a day.
If your an emergency plumber and would like to work with the blue coloured Bloo toilet block but also feel confident working with this type of die, then please feel free to join our plumbing register.