What is the best pipe freezing machine
Here we have an electric pipe freezing machine known as the Rothenberger Plumbfreeze Eco. Have you ever need to replace anything plumbing related but was unable to due to the water not turning off resulting in the use of an emergency plumber. Have you ever needed to replace a stopcock and was unable to because the mains stop valve outside was non accessible?
Just below are some questions asked about the electric pipe freezing machine.
- Can I use the pipe freezing machine to freeze plastic pipe?
- How do I know the pipes are frozen using the pipe freezing kit?
- What is the best pipe freezing kit I can buy?
- What size pipes can the electric pipe freezing kit freeze?
- Where can I buy an electric pipe freezing kit?
- How much is an electric pipe freezing kit?
- How do I defrost a frozen pipe?
- How long does it take to freeze a pipe using the electric pipe freezing kit?
- What is the guarantee on the electric pipe freezing kit?
- How much do I save when buying the electric pipe freezing kit in comparison to the spray kits?
- Why is my electric pipe freezing kit not working?
Can I use the pipe freezing machine to freeze plastic pipe
As a DIY/general plumber or an emergency plumber you can use the Rothenberger Plumbfreeze Eco to freeze plastic pipe. When freezing plastic pipe it may take a little longer as metal pipes can retain the cold a lot easier, however there is only minutes in the difference.
How do I know the pipes are frozen using the pipe freezing kit
You will know once the pipes are frozen as the machine will beep to let you know but also shows up the temperature the pipe is when in process and completion for example (-17)(-20).
What is the best pipe freezing kit I can buy
The best pipe freezing kit in Martin’s opinion is the Rothenberger Plumbfreeze Eco Electronic Pipe Freezer Machine 8-22mm and here is the reason why.
- Once paid for there are no further costs.
- Easy to use as long as instructions are followed when connecting to pipe.
- Will freeze within 30-minutes as long as low temperatures are within the pipes and is not in circulation.
- Has a digital display showing the temperature of the pipes in process of freezing.
- Will keep pipes frozen when working on radiators for example.
- Once work has been completed then you can work on defrost speeding up the work to complete job knowing if there is a problem then at least you can re-freeze the pipes back up.
What size pipes can the electric pipe freezing kit freeze
The size of pipes the electric pipe freezing kit can freeze is 8mm, 10mm, 15mm and 22mm.
Where can I buy an electric pipe freezing kit
As for the best prices as far as Im aware, the cheapest place to buy the pipe freezing kit is the BES website or Toolstop. You may also find them on Ebay.
How much is an electric pipe freezing kit
The cost to buy a Rothenberger Plumbfreeze Eco Electronic Pipe Freezer Machine 8-22mm are estimate to be between £500 to £600 inclusive of VAT but if you search on Ebay you may find them costing about £100 cheaper.
How do I defrost a frozen pipe
To defrost a frozen pipe you will need to click on the defrost setting on the machine, as easy as that. You will notice that the temperature of the pipe will raise higher on the digital display until the correct temperature is reached.
How long does it take to freeze a pipe using the electric pipe freezing kit
Depending on the temperature of the pipe, the estimated time to freeze the pipe should take about 30-minutes when the water is currently cold.
What is the guarantee on the electric pipe freezing kit
The guarantee on all Rothenberger tools are 12-months, however after speaking to Rothenberger themselves they claim to have 18-months guarantee over the phone but unfortunately is nowhere to be seen.
How much do I save when buying the electric pipe freezing kit in comparison to the spray kits
To buy a pipe freezing kit it may cost between £10 to £20 pounds, so depending on the amount of times this is used, it is the cost you will save or lose out on in the long run.
Why is my pipe freezing kit not working
The reason the pipe freezing kit is not working is because the instructions have not been follow correctly and a video you may of watched doesn’t show you correctly but Martin may have the answer. If the pipe freezing kit is not working then it is a good idea to check as listed below.
- Make sure there is no paint on pipes stoping the continuity.
- Check that your machine has the sufficient water in the machine.
- On 8 to 10mm pipe make sure you have paste on pipe followed by paper with paste on both sides followed by paste on the jaws. Once applied you should se paste pushing out from both ends.
- Make pipes are in good shape and have no dints.
- Jaws are to be a minimum of 450mm apart when in use to avoid a bursting pipe unless coupled up against each other.
- If using one jaw at one time then use jaw number 1.
There are a lot of people that use this equipment that claim the machine doesn’t work correctly but the reason for this is due to incorrect us and not following the instructions. If you need any further questions you should check the Rothenberger website.